Fundamentals Group Position on Covid-19
Please check this page for regular updates on our Covid-19 policy.
Fundamentals Group has implemented measures and controls to minimise the impact of Covid-19. We will continue to monitor the rapidly changing threat posed to our business by Covid-19 taking all possible actions to minimise the impact to our employees, customers and suppliers.
Covid-19 has resulted in reduced demand from customers and in line with this, effective 1st April 2020 a number of our staff will be on the ‘furlough’ scheme, with staff needed to provide essential services to our customers remaining available. We recognise that many of our customers form part of the critical infrastructure and we are committed to supporting these essential services.
We are supporting our staff and where possible reducing all possible risks. We:
- Issued information to all employees and additional guidance for managers which will be continually monitored, updated and re-issued as applicable
- Reviewed our procedures for site working and how unavoidable close contact work is managed
- Reviewed and updated our business continuity plans including IT requirements for home working and business zoning
- Put a stop to all business travel to high risk areas and provided a policy for all employees going or returning from foreign travel
- Endeavoured to understand the risks to vulnerable people and actioned accordingly
- Eliminated external visits except for essential site work
- Installed sanitiser dispensers and displayed supporting information
We appreciate our success relies on satisfying our customers’ needs. Fundamentals Group classifies suppliers into two groups consisting of strategic and commodity suppliers. Strategic suppliers provide a unique product to Fundamentals Group whereas commodity suppliers provide a product which can be sourced from alternative providers.
The majority of our strategic suppliers are UK based, relying on UK supply for materials and components.We maintain average stock levels at four months from these suppliers. We are maintaining contact with our suppliers to ensure future continuity of supply.
We will continue to monitor the evolving Covid-19 information and act to minimise all impacts. We hope the above actions and measures clearly demonstrate our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff and supply chains to allow the best possible chance of uninterrupted supply of innovative high-quality products and services to our valued customers.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Operations Director, Martin Harris: email@example.com | +44 (0)1793 847163