Purchase Ledger Clerk
Location: Head Office (Swindon)
Employment Contract Type: Full-time
Current Status: Recruiting Now
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will work within the finance department with responsibility for the timely and accurate processing of invoices and managing supplier accounts, along with other finance related tasks.
- To administer the purchase and sales ledger along with associated tasks
- Receipt of Statements and Remittances ensuring systems are maintained and documentation is accurately processed and filed
- Collate and process monthly expenses, providing information for payroll and ensuring sign off by appropriate managers
- Responsible for purchase of stationery and consumables in line with budgets and the delegation of authority, seeking appropriate authorisation where necessary
- Fuel card management
- Hotel account management
- Support the Finance Controller with weekly and monthly financial reporting providing information in an accurate and timely manner
- Support VAT reporting
- Maintain all other finance records required and ensure they are up to date and accurate
- Minimum of two years experience in a similar role
- Strong IT skills, including the MS Office packages, specifically MS Excel and financial software (Sage preferable)
- Able to understand and apply financial accounting principles to maintain clean data
- Ability to demonstrate a strong level of attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Demonstrable administration, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Experience in export documentation is not essential but would be desirable
Salary and Benefits
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay on completion of probation
- Pension (as part of our auto enrolment duties)
- Discretionary bonus scheme linked to company profits
- Life Assurance
- 24/7 Employee Helpline
- Health Cash Plan (NHS top up) scheme
So, if you have a knowledge of some of the above areas, a willingness to develop in others, and deliver WOW with a ‘yes we can’ attitude, then we would like to talk with you.
In person at Swindon Head office.
Please submit an application letter stating which fields you would like to be considered for and why you believe you are suitable for the role, supported by a CV to email@example.com.