Job Department: Services
Employment Contract Type: Full-time
Current Status: Now Recruiting
We are looking for a Service Technician to support Team Leaders with site delivery/installations and commissioning of Fundamentals products and services. The majority of time will be working away (Monday to Friday) on customer sites in the UK and Ireland.
- To be part of the delivery/installation team to make sure requirements are met or exceeded safely and efficiently.
- Ensure all customer requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained throughout the delivery process.
- Completing documentation accurately and promptly as required or instructed.
- Ensuring that changing delivery requirements by our customers are communicated to all delivery personnel and notify management where our procedures may require alteration to accommodate these changes.
- To work in a constructive manner and promote co-operation with your colleagues.
- Flexible to support business needs as required both time and role.
- Work within Health and Safety requirements and reporting safety and quality matters that you are concerned about to your team leader.
- Ensure that all instructions for the safe operation of any equipment are followed, and that any PPE is worn as required.
- Interact with others in the department to resolve delivery/installation problems.
- Work within the company’s ISO9001 quality policy.
- Be prepared to undertake appropriate training in order to acquire further skills.
- Maintenance of a safe working environment (housekeeping), to support a culture of care and quality in the workforce and on customer premises.
- Specific tasks include, making off SWA Glands/Cable lugs including marking up and drilling of gland plates, making up ferrule numbers/applying crimps, completing cable tray work, including drilling, fixing etc., completing PVC trunking, top Hat rail fitting within control panels including drilling, fixing etc.
Ideally candidates will have completed City and Guilds 236 part 1 & 2 or have equivalent experience. ENW authorisation (minimum codes 200, 210 and 166) would also be beneficial.
- Practical hands on engineering experience – preferably mechanical and electrical with transmission and distribution experience an advantage.
- Experience of electrical circuit testing, fault finding procedures, electro-mechanical and electronic relay testing with the ability to read and understand electrical schematic diagrams.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and fire evacuation procedures
- Understanding and able to follow Schematic Diagrams (Completing small wiring to schematic diagram)
- Understanding and able to follow Wiring Diagrams
- Understanding of Red/Green drawings
- Able to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and master new skills
- Work as part of a small team, on own initiative or follow instructions
- A positive “can do” attitude with energy and perseverance.
- Ability to perform manual tasks
- Good communication skills
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay upon successful completion of probation
- 24/7 employee help line
Please submit your CV and covering letter, detailing why you believe you are suited to the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org; a full job specification is available on request.